SOOL WORKSHOP – CELEBRATING LUNAR NEW YEAR 2023
The Korean Cultural Centre Australia presents a one day workshop to learn about ‘Sool(Korean Alcohol)’. Celebrating Lunar New Year 2023, join us and brew your own Sool & have a taste of various types of Korean alcohol.
TIME & DATE
– (Session 1) Friday 20th January 2023, 5.30-7pm
– (Session 2) Saturday 21st January 2023, 2.30-4pm
* Max 24 people per session, same contents with just different session date/time
VENUE: Korean Cultural Centre Australia (Ground Floor, 255 Elizabeth St, Sydney)
PROGRAM DETAIL (90 minutes)
– Introducing various Korean alcohol
– Korean alcohol brewing demonstration and experience
– Tasting different types of Korean alcohol with Tteok
The workshop will be guided by Julia Mellor, the first non-Korean specialist in the field of Korean booze. Julia has spent the last 10 years studying and researching Korean alcohol, from fermentation principles to the ins-and-outs of owning a brewery. She is happiest in the corners of traditional breweries with local artisans, discussing the finer points of rice and yeast over a cold bowl of makgeolli.
It has therefore become her life-long passion to pass on the knowledge and hidden secrets of this amazing part of Korean culture. She has been offering services for brewing education, promotions and consulting about Korean alcohol in Korea.
HOW TO JOIN:
This is an invitation-based program due to limited spots available. If you would like to be one of the winners to join the workshop with your 1 guest, click here(Facebook/Instagram) to apply by 12th January. Lucky winners will be contacted on 13th January through message. Please note the workshop will be held at the Korean Cultural Centre in Sydney(offline event).
* Please note that the participants are chosen with the purpose of sharing opportunities to experience Korean culture with broader audiences. Only successful applicants will be contacted. If your application was successful but if you won’t be able to attend any more, please notify us to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that the person in the waiting list can join. Failure to notify before 48 hours of the workshop might affect your next application result in the future.
** By joining this event you agree to being filmed or photographed which may be used for promotional purposes.
This event is offered as part of SYDNEY LUNAR FESTIVAL
and in partnership with SBS